Saturday, June 30, 2012

Quick Bites

Here is a quick and tasty recipe for you.

I'm on a budget at the moment, saving up for a holiday at the end of the year. However I can't resist an afternoon of cheese and wine.  I can't bear to substitute my favourite Blue cheese or Camembert for a cheaper version, so instead I have skimped on the dip and created my own.  Cheaper and healthier = win win.  Oh and it only takes 10 minutes.

Sweet potato, basil and cashew dip
1/2 a sweet potato, peel, cut into chunks and boiled until tender
60g Danish feta
50g cashew nuts
4-5 basil leaves, torn
1 clove garlic, diced
Salt and pepper to taste

Combine ingredients in food processor.  Serve with dipping provisions of your choice. You can substitute the sweet potato for any vegetables on hand, why not try pumpkin or carrot?

Delish!



2 comments:

  1. This sounds very nice... And I don't blame you for not giving up the nice cheeses :)

    You should sell these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I am trying this one today!

    ReplyDelete